Wednesday 9 January 2013

this brave little girl ran up some serious hills


I like this picture! I like brave little girls. Too often are girls sold the lie that they are fragile and dainty. No they are not! Girls are brave little human beings who love adventure! This also reminds me of my little sister who is the bestest person in the Universe. When I was probably around 9 and she was only 6, we were on a family holiday to Greece or Turkey(I really can't remember). We visited a crocodile sanctuary and you could have your photo taken with a small alligator. I freaked out but my brave little sister held the alligator and just smiled happily to the camera. She has always been the natural cool girl meanwhile I had struggled with all sorts of nonsense fears and insecurities. Now when I try to be this tough woman, she will be by my side cheering me on and that is all that matters. Kiira, you ARE the superhero and I love you super duper lots!

From emotional sister talk to the business of today..or better yesterday since it's past midnight already. Oups. My official training plan said threshold training but I went for some serious hill training instead. The main dude at the Marathon training day was a big supporter of hill training so I reasoned that I could do that. I don't have a watch which makes timing my running difficult but I am surrounded by big hills. I ran up 5 steep hill roads which felt HORRIBLE! I tried to run up fast and on the top of each one I felt like fainting and I could taste blood in my mouth. That's real training, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment