Saturday 29 September 2012

a real superhero for my inspiration!


 This is Kathrine Switzer who challenged the 'only for guys' rule of Boston Marathon in 1967. The organisers actually tried to remove her by physically pushing and crabbing! Her fellow runners protected her all the way though. Sounds unbelievable but this actually happened only 45 years ago! She really is a real life superhero ninja warrior and I will never ever get even close to her greatness... and that organiser dude is just the ultimate opposite of any kind of superhero. He doesn't even deserve the title of a villain since he is just too damn stupid. Luckily I can be pretty confident that he won't be an obstacle on my way. It will be difficult enough even just with cheering and supporting crowds! 

I just checked the Marathon route for the first time by using the London Marathon Interactive Map. I am so bloody good at imagining things that I actually got goose pumps when I followed the route on my screen. When I was approaching the finishing line I nearly cried! Oh dear. This will be interesting indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment